Bring back personal blogging.
I have always enjoyed reading personal blogs. They were like social media, but you focused on just one profile at a time. I followed quite a few bloggers, but Kenny Sia is the one I remember the most. I visited his blog today, but it looks like he hasn't posted anything since 2017.
It's nice to read about someone else's slice of life (nosy, nosy). It doesn't have to be extraordinary. There were plenty of those in the 2000s. I think social media was initially like that too until every platform started encouraging everyone to become influencers and monetise their accounts. While there is nothing wrong with the desire to earn extra income, I'm getting tired of being 'influenced' to buy affiliate products (to be honest, I've done this too haha!), to visit this restaurant or that cafe, and of having to read Top 10 Ways To Be Happy, Top 10 Ways To Make Money Online. Phew.
I know I can just ignore them, but every other Post is like that. Every other Story is the same. When you just happen to casually like a post or reel, the algorithm starts showing the same kind of content.
I ventured out on the internet in search of personal blogs or just essays on life. I stumbled upon a blog that has the vibe I'm looking for – Jeffrey Pillow's. He also writes professionally, which is why the blog is so well-written!
So here I am in my little corner of the internet, attempting to contribute to the genre I am searching for. Perhaps there is someone else out there who yearns for the same thing - not quite seeking to be informed or persuaded or entertained. Just something in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment